|1958 - 1959
Set at Fort Clark, Texas in the year 1873,
this was the story US 4th
Cavalry officer Colonel Ranald S. Mackenzie
(Richard Carlson) who formed a band of raiders
to battle bandits and outlaws who attacked
settlements along the Rio Grande river between
Mexico and the US.
Mackenzie organized his raiders under a
secret communiqué from President US Grant who
wanted to "Bring law and order back to Texas"
and "Make the border region "a fit place for
Americans to live!"
Soldiers interacting with Colonel Mackenzie
- George Gilbreth as Lieutenant Tom Paxon
- Craig Duncan as Sergeant Banfield
- Riley Hill as Sergeant Fife
- Dennis Moore as Sergeant Teal B
- Charles Boaz as Corporal Dixon
- Rand Brooks as Corporal Brown
- Doug McClure as Corporal Adam Davis
- Jim Bridges as Private Lewis
- Michael Vandever as Young Trooper
- Morris Ankrum as Raider
- Kenneth Alton as Raider
- Louis Jean Heydt as Raider
- Brett King as Raider
Colonel Ranald S. Mackenzie
Here is a list of some of Colonel Mackenzie's
engagements with hostile forces along the
- Col. Mackenzie captures Indian Chief
Monitu, but when armed gunslingers attack,
Mackenzie and Monitu join forces to save each
- Col. Mackenzie attack marauders who have
been killing Cavalry convoys with Gatling gun
- Col. Mackenzie thwarts the plan of a
crooked Indian agent who encourages Indian
braves on the reservation to rob and terrorize
- Col. Mackenzie uses signaling mirrors to
communicate across the distance to defeat
bandits ambushing ammunition convoys going to
the Mexican government.
- Col. Mackenzie's rescues a general's
daughter who was taken hostage by a bandit who
escaped from Fort Clark.
- Col. Mackenzie's capture of an infamous
outlaw motivates the man's brother to take a
Mexican official hostage to exchange for his
- Col. Mackenzie is captured by a Mexican
forces when discovered illegally crossing
International borders between American and
Mexico. Although caught, he never reveals his
activities were directed by the US president.
- Col Mackenzie holds back Texans who want
to invade Mexico during the unrest after the
fall of Maximillian.
- Col. Mackenzie thwarts the plans of gunmen
who steal medical supplies needed to cure
- Col. Mackenzie inadvertently offends
sacred tribal law when he comes to the aid of
an Indian left to die in the desert.
- Col. Mackenzie infiltrates a band of
renegades posing as soldiers who are raiding
army supply wagons and killing settlers near
Fort Clark in Texas..
- Col. Mackenzie surreptitiously returns a
white boy raised as an Apache back to the
Indian lifestyle that he prefers.
- Col. Mackenzie thwarts a plan of outlaws
to take over a ranch the is now on Mexican
soil due to a Hurricane changing the course of
- Col. Mackenzie comes to the rescue of a
town where a land grabber is killing off
ranchers and buying up auctioned properties at
rock bottom prices.
- Col. Mackenzie is confronted with a
disgruntled rancher who resents a plan to
teach Indians how to farm on land he wanted.
- Col. Mackenzie is ordered into Mexico to
capture a former general who wants to
overthrow Mexico and attack the US.
- Col. Mackenzie must stop a revenge
motivated scalping party put together by a
grieving rancher whose son was killed by
- Col. Mackenzie is confronted with a
revenge scheme from a man whom Mackenzie had
court-martialed years ago.
- Col. Mackenzie must rescue a captured news
reporter who threatens to reveal Mackenzie's
secret Presidential mandate.
- Col. Mackenzie uses photographic evidence
to uncover a murderer and stop a potential
range war brewing over the preference of
long-horned verses short-horned cattle.
- Col. Mackenzie enters Mexico to capture
outlaws using their headquarters as a
staging ground to attack Texas stagecoaches.
- Col. Mackenzie must bring down a gunman
and lawyer who are taking control of
Brackettville, the town next to Fort Clark.
- Col. Mackenzie uses dynamite to return
water horded by a rancher who wants to create
his own empire.
- Col. Mackenzie is attacked by Comanche's
encouraged by the defeat of Custer at Little
- Col. Mackenzie must protect a survey party
planning a national road through Texas by a
rancher and his renegade supporters.
- Col. Mackenzie tracks down a renegade
ex-Army Major responsible for an Indian
massacre who is on a killing spree.
Produced by ZIV Television,
the 39-episode series was based on 'The
MacKenzie Raid' by Russell Potter Reeder and
Russell Potter Reeder Jr..
filmed at the Iverson Ranch, Chatsworth, Los
Back to Top