|1961 - 1962
Circus adventure set in the Southwest of the
late 1800s about the T&T Circus, a traveling
band of entertainers lead by Colonel Casey
Thompson (Chill Wills) and his partner, Ben
Travis (John Derek).
As the circus wagon train trekked across the
wilderness in search of a new town to exhibit
their acts, they encountered both internal
problems with performers and external troubles
from the strangers that crossed their paths.
Internal troubles included the trauma
experienced by a blind equestrian when her
favorite horse dies, a squabbling family
of high-wire aerialists, a run of bad luck,
including a stampeding elephant and an escaped
lion, spoiled meat that sickens the circus
performers, and the search for a quick dollar by
gambling in a poker game to win funds to bring
the circus out of the red.
External problems were brought on by hostile
Indians, a terrified woman fleeing from her
abusive husband, horse thieves, rowdy buffalo
hunters, a bigamist accused of murder, a slave
seeking justice from the man who killed his
master, and a rich woman who sets her sights on
marrying Colonel Casey Thompson.
Ben Travis and Colonel Casey Thompson
Other employees in the T& T Circus included:
- Richard Jaeckel as Tony Gentry, the circus trail scout who
rode ahead to find possible places the circus could visit.
- J. Pat O'Malley as Duffy, the animal handler who cared for
Jeremiah the Lion, Suzie the Elephant and Atlas the Bear.
- Nora Marlowe as Madame Sonya, the fortune teller called the
"Mystic Seer of the East".
- Duke Johnson as Juggler
- Fred Johnson as Juggler
- Joan Johnson as the Contortionist
- Albert Paulsen as Rodales, the Knife Thrower
- Barbara Stuart as Melda, the Knife Throwing Act Assistant
- Nehemiah Persoff as Durando of the Daring Durandos, a high-wire aerialist act.
- Wally Blair as a clown
- Nicos Minardos as The Great Roberto
Obituaries: Chill Wills: 12/15/1978; John Derek:
05/22/1998; Richard Jaeckel: 06/14/1997.
Back to Top