|Queen of Swords
|2000 - 2001
Tessie-Marie Santiago starred as Maria Theresa "Tessa" Alvarado, a Spanish
aristocrat who returns to Santa Helena, California in 1817 after many years of living in Spain
to claim her family's birthright.
Unfortunately, she soon learns that the land is being ruled by an iron-fisted
military dictator, since her father's suspicious death from a fall from a horse.
In the tradition of Zorro, Tessa dons black fencing clothes and a mask made
from a piece of her mother's lace shawl to become The Queen of Swords, an
avenger for the downtrodden who uses her sword and whip to battle the local
tyrants. Her secret identity was inspired by a Tarot Card character.
Tessa financed her crusade with a horde of gold she discovered in the wine
cellar of her hacienda. It came in handy to help pay the peasant's taxes. She
used her father's sword to avenge his death and to defeat her enemies. Tessa
became the Queen of Swords after she had a dream where her father told her to
take up the cause of the oppressed.
Marta (Pauline Gálvez) is Tessa's gypsy
governess and confidante who aids her with her with mystical powers.
Other people in Tessa's life included:
- Anthony Lemke as Capt. Marcus Grisham a sadistic
military leader who murdered Tessa's father.
- Valentine Pelka as Col. Luis Ramirez Montoya, a
despotic military leader who overtaxed the citizens.
- Peter Wingfield as Dr. Robert Helm, a mysterious Texan
for whom Tessa had romantic feelings.
- Tacho González as Don Gaspar Hidalgo, a fat land owner.
- Elsa Pataki as Senora Vera Hildago, Gaspar's sexy wife
who had an affair with Capt. Marcus Grisham.
- Freddy Douglas as Ramon
- Pilar Abella as Carmina
- Cristián de la Fuente as Antonio
- Anthony De Longis as Krane
- Dan Fredenburgh as Teodoro Selvera
- Daisy Fuentes as Isabel Selvera
- James Innes-Smith as Latham
- Miglen Mirtchev as Vlad
- David Carradine as The Serpent, Tessa' enemy.
Back to Top