Dracula (in movies) - The Transylvanian aristocrat
who wrought terror into the hearts of the innocent in novels, motion pictures
and later television programs.
Dracula first appeared in the 1897 novel "Dracula" written by Bram Stoker
(1847-1912). The first movie version of the popular bloodsucker was the 1921
Hungarian film Drakula. A series of vampire movie sequels followed
- Nosferatu, eine Symphonie des Grauens (1922) starring Max Schreck.
- Dracula (1931) starring Bela Lugosi.
- Dracula's Daughter (1936) starring Gloria Holden.
- Son of Dracula (1943) starring Lon Chaney, Jr..
- Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein starring Bela Lugosi as the Count.
- Blood of Dracula (1957) starring Jerry Baline.
- Dracula (1958) starring Christopher Lee.
- I Was A Teenage Vampire (1959) starring Donald Glut as Dracula's Son.
- Dracula Meets the Outer Space Chicks (1968).
- Blacula (1972) starring black actor William Marshall.
- Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992) starring Gary Oldman
- Dracula: Dead and Loving It (1995) starring Leslie Nielsen
- Dracula 2000 (2000) starring Gerard Butler as Dracula who is revealed to be the
tormented and cursed soul of Judas Iscariot, the betrayer of the Jewish prophet,
Back to Top