KAOS - Evil
organization bent on world wide domination on
the spy comedy GET SMART/NBC/1965-70.
Ludwig Von Siegfried (Bernie Kopell) is the
leader of KAOS. He leader who served as an
officer in the Third Reich, speaks with a
thick German accent and considers everyone
inferior to himself. He calls people by such
names as Dummkopf, Big Zissy, Ninny Schtupid,
and Idiot. His aliases included Conrad, Dr.
McTavish and Mr. Smith.
Starker (pronounced "Shtarker") is Siegfried's klutzy
Agent Maxwell Smart, a spy from the good-guys at
CONTROL, claimed KAOS was founded in 1957 as "a
monstrous organization of evil dedicated to the
destruction of the Free World and the systematic
subjugation of every man, woman, and child on
KAOS agent Omar Shurok described his employers
as "the international organization of evil
formed in 1904 in Bucharest, designed to foment
unrest and revolution throughout the world."
KAOS employed some really mean and creepy
agents. They included:
- The Exterminator, aka accountant Earl
- The Ambassador of Bulmania
- Rotten Ruthless Rupert of Rathskeller
- The Groovy Guru, their coolest agent
- Simon the Likeable, their nicest agent
- Victor Royale, casino operator on San
- Wailing Wanda, an aid of The Groovy Guru
- Eric Zharko, scientific genius who raises
- The Claw (Pronounced "Craw")
The KAOS letters could also stand for Kill All
Opposing Sides or maybe Konquer All Of Society
(per the webmaster of TV Acres).
KAOS' mission included stealing secret plans and
formulas, blowing up landmarks and assassinating
The official insignia for KAOS is a vulture
perched on a egg-shaped globe of the world.
KAOS agents dress in black turtleneck, black
berets, and black leather jackets sporting a
TRIVIA NOTE: "Shtarker"
is Yiddish for "strong man or tough guy").
Some alternate meaning for KAOS (as suggested by
"The Get Smart Handbook" by Joey Green)
- Kaiser's Alliance of Spies
- Kidnappers Against Organized Sports
- Kriegsspielende Anmassende Olige spione
- Kosher Alliance Opposing Shellfish
Back to Top