Supertrain - Atomic-powered steam
turbine locomotive featured on the short-lived dramatic anthology
Built by Trans-Allied Corporation,
Supertrain made the rail
run from New York City to Los Angeles in 36-hours at speeds of 200 MPH.
Supertrain was a luxury train
(a "Love Boat" on wheels) whose nine coach cars offered all the
amenities of the finest hotels including a 22 x 14 foot swimming
pool, gymnasium, medical center, steam rooms, beauty salon, library
and a discotheque.
Supertrain's crew included:
- Edward Andrews as Harry Floord, the chief conductor
- Robert Alda as Dr. Dan Lewis, the train's physician
- Harrison Page as George Boone, the chief porter
- Michael Delano as Lou Atkins, the bartender
- Charlie Brill as Robert the hairdresser
- Joey Aresco as Wayne Randall, Chief Operations Officer
- Ilene Graff as Penny Whitaker, Social Director
- Anthony Palmer as T.C., the engineer.
Props for the series (at a cost of $10 million) included a full
scale two-story car 64-feet long, 26-feet wide and 22-feet high, a
mid-sized version built at 1 and 1/2 inches to the foot, and a baby Supertrain at 3/4-inch scale, and 3000 foot track for miniature
Back to Top