|1988 - 1991
The story of the 1890s
community of Bordertown (formerly known as
Pemmican) where the US-Canadian border
straddled the town's Main street.
Royal Mountie Corporal Clive Bennett (John H. Brennan)
and US Marshal Jack Craddock (Richard Comar)
maintained the peace in this 49th parallel town
(whose western border was surveyed in 1880). The
border actually ran through the middle of the
Both Clive and Jack courted the
attentions of the lovely widow Marie Dumont (Sophie Barjac), the town's physician
and proprietor of the general store. Marie's
husband, Jacque (a doctor) died after both of
them had arrived from Paris, France.
Marshall Jack Craddock is former
gunfighter/Texas Ranger. He fought on the side
of the Confederacy in the war between the
Corporal Clive Bennett is an idealistic
member of the North West Mounted Police. Before
coming to Bordertown, he was stationed in
Other citizens of Bordertown included:
- Donna Carroll White as Joanna Radway,
widowed local ranch owner and head of
the Women for Temperance Committee.
- Duncan Frasier as Zack Denny, the owner of
the town's saloon
- Beverly Elliot as Sally Duffield, an
employee at Marie's general store and
proprietress of the local boardinghouse.
- Paul Batten as Wendell MacWherter (Paul
Batten), the banker and owner of the
livery stable. He is Sally Duffield's suitor.
- Fritz Bergold as Otto Danzinger
- Wyatt Orr as Bruno Danzinger
- Freda Perry as Diane Denny
- Gregory Togal as Willie Haddon
- Kymberly Sheppard as Clara
- Bill Pepperall as Jake Epple
- Hagan Beggs as Liam Gleeson
- Domenico Fiore as Dominic
- Patrice Valota as Gabriel Couteau
Bordertown was also the crossroads for such
notable visitors as Teddy Roosevelt and former
law enforcement officer Bat Masterson.
The series was jointly produced in Canada by the
Family Channel (formerly known as the Christian
Broadcasting Network) and Global TV.
Filming location sites for the series were Maple
Ridge and Pitt Meadows in British Columbia.
Back to Top