|1955 - 1956
Western anthology narrated by Walter Coy
about the problems faced by hordes of Americans
moving west in the last century.
"This is the West. This is the land of
beginning again. This is the story of men and
women facing the frontier. This is the way it
happened." -- Opening Narration
Each program followed the pioneers as
they encountered a variety of hardships,
including rugged landscapes, rustlers, hostile
Indians, and vicious outlaws.
Here are some of the anthology storylines:
- Feuding sheepherders and cattle ranchers.
- Cavalry troops massacre friendly Indians.
- The rigors of a cattle drive.
- Travelers fall prey to hostile Indians.
- Hardships experienced on the trail to
- A young man accused of murder must prove
- Prospectors struggle to find water in the
- A sheriff at Thunder Butte Creek must
handle a hanging.
- Pioneers cross the deadly Death Valley
The program closed with the words, "It
happened that way...moving west."
TRIVIA NOTE: The series was produced
by Californian National Productions. Narrator
Walter McCoy occasionally appeared as an actor
on the series. Like the DEATH VALLEY DAYS
anthology series, the stories on FRONTIER were
based on actual events.
Obituaries: Walter McCoy: 12/11/1974
Back to Top