|Life with Snarky Parker
Set in the town of Hot Rock during the 1850s, this serialized western marionette series
followed the adventures of Deputy Sheriff Snarky Parker and his talking
horse, Heathcliffe as they battled such frontier villains as Ronald
Rodent and Blackie McGoo.
Additional characters included:
- Cuda Barra, a sultry siren/femme fatale.
- Miss Butterball, the school marm.
- Slugger, the Hot Rock Cafe piano player.
- Noose Nolan, as Fluff's desperado partner.
- Fluff Webster, a desperado, Nolan's boss.
Deputy Snarky Parker and Heathcliffe the horse
TRIVIA NOTE: The puppets were the creations of puppeteers, Bil and Cora Baird,
who also provided the voices for the marionettes.
The series was directed by a very young Yul Brynner (of The Magnificent Seven
fame). See also "Four Feather Falls"
Back to Top