|1958 - 1960
Rory Calhoun starred as Big Bill Longley (Rory
Calhoun), a fast gun who wandered the Texas
frontier of the 1870s helping those in need.
Friends and acquaintances of Big Bill Longley
- Regis Parton as Pete Bray
- Duncan Lamont as David MacMorris
- Alan Hale Jr. as Sculley
- Kem Dibbs as Matt Horton
- Pedro Gonzalez Gonzalez as Pedro
- Kipp Hamilton as Steve
- Tom London as Agent
- Alan Dinehart III as Brazos Kid
- Reed Hadley as Wild Jack Tobin
- Chris Alcaide as Deputy Luke Smith
- Andy Clyde as Andy Miles
- Lane Bradford as Buck Tanner
- James Drake as Buck
- Harry Harvey as Clyde Hatbridge
- Denver Pyle as Chip Andrews
- Robert J. Wilke as Asa Kirby
- Ted Adams as Conners
- Mario Alcalde as Yellow Hawk
- Michael Dante as Steve Chambers
- Lita Baron as Dolores
- Chick Bilyeu as Marshal
- Richard Travis as Governor
- Hal Smith as The Bartender
- Howard Negley as Doctor
- Bud Osborne as Stagecoach Driver
- Norman Leavitt as Bender, Hotel
- Barbara Stuart as Poker Alice
Here are some of Bill's adventures and
- Tracks a killer to save his friend
falsely accused of murder.
- Forced into a showdown to see who
is the fastest gun.
- Encounters a rancher's son whose
father taught him to kill.
- Helps a Mexican whose peach orchard
- Hard earned cattle drive money is
stolen by bank robbers.
- Helps a Mexican widow meet her
husband's prejudice father.
- Helps an alcoholic judge battle a
sheriff. who fixes an election
- Tracks his friend's killer who is the
son of a respected sheriff.
- Protects a wounded circuit judge so
he can get to a trial.
- Must keep a bounty hunter from
harming an innocent man.
- Tracks bank robbers who killed a
woman and her little girl.
- Searches for the killers of his
friend, a photographer.
- Encounters outlaws as he works for
the telegraph company.
- Gets involved in a race to herd cattle
- Helps a former marshal find his
courage to battle a gang.
- Accidentally gives counterfeit money to
buy cattle in Mexico.
- Must face down a gunman hired to kill
- Refused help when he brings a
wounded man to a ranch.
- Joins a horse race while two men plan
to rob a bank.
- Gets involved with two bank robbers
pursued by a posse.
- Infiltrates a gang who is
counterfeiting silver coins.
- Holds up in a ghost town during a
storm and discovers it is filled with outlaws
who are friends of the man he is transporting
to trial in Colorado.
TRIVIA NOTE: Rory Calhoun guest
starred on episode
"The Texan, Rory Calhoun" on the
situation comedy DECEMBER BRIDE starring Spring
Byington (who later starred on the western
Obituaries: Rory Calhoun: 04/28/1999; Regis Parton:
05/31/1996; Duncan Lamont: 12/19/1978; Alan Hale, Jr.:
01/01/1990; Kem Dibbs: 03/28/1996; Pedro Gonzalez Gonzalez:
02/06/2006; Kipp Hamilton: 01/29/1981; Tom London:
Back to Top