Minbari Proverbs -
Sage sayings of the Minbari race featured on the science fiction adventure BABYLON 5/SYN/1995-98.
The Minbari are humanoid
beings who existed long before the humans of Earth. Their wisdom
was reflected in such proverbs as:
- "A darkness in the heart cannot be cured by moving the body to a
- "Claim victory in your heart and the Universe will follow."
- "The only way to understand the battle is to understand the
- "War is as much concept as execution."
- "A Warrior will fear not death as we are already dead. Only those
of the living can fear."
- "The capacity for self-sacrifice: the conscious ability to override
evolution and self-preservation for a cause, a friend or a loved
one" (the second Minbari Principle of Sentient Life).
- "Pale, bloodless, look in their eyes and see nothing but mirrors,
infinities of reflection" (words of Renegade Shagh-toth, in the
"We believe that the Universe itself is conscious in a way we can
never truly understand. It is engaged in a search for meaning, so
it breaks itself apart, investing its own consciousness in every
form of life. We are the Universe, trying to explain itself."
"The molecules of your body are the same molecules that make this
station and the nebula outside, that burn inside the stars
themselves. We are star-stuff. We are the Universe, made manifest,
trying to figure itself out. And, as we have both learned,
sometimes the Universe needs a change of perspective." -- Delenn,
Back to Top