Twin Peaks - Mythical town (population
51,201) located five miles from the Canadian border on the bizarre
prime time soap TWIN PEAKS/ABC/1990-91. Kyle Maclachlan starred as
FBI agent Dale Cooper who was assigned to solve the murder of Laura
Palmer (Sheryl Lee), a high school homecoming queen with a dark
past. Twin Peaks was inhabited by a number of offbeat characters
- Michael Ontkean as Twin Peaks Sheriff Harry S. Truman who
assisted Agent Cooper with finding Laura Palmer's killer
- Joan Chen
as Jocelyn Packard, a Chinese widow and owner of local sawmill
- Piper Laurie as Catherine Martell, Josie's sister-in-law who wanted
the mill for herself
- James Marshall as James Hurley, a loner with a
Harley bike who risked his life to uncover information on Laura's
- Dana Ashbrook as Bobby Briggs, Laura's boyfriend
- Richard Beymer as Benjamin Horne, a local mogul and real estate developer
- Sherilyn Fenn as Audrey Horne, class mate of Laura
- Everett McGill
as Big Ed Hurley, local gas station worker
- Nadine Hurley, his
- Peggy Lipton as Norma Jennings, owner of the Double
"R" Diner who serves "a damned fine cup of coffee"
- Russ Tamblyn as Dr. Lawrence Jacoby, Laura's flaky
- Bob Silva as Killer Bob, a
stringy-haired demon who killed both Laura Palmer, the sweetheart of
Twin Peaks and her look-alike cousin, Madeleine Ferguson.
towns said to have inspired TWIN PEAKS were North Bend (Pop. 2300)
and Snoqualmie (Pop. 1600) both located in the state of Washington.
Exterior shots of The Salish Lodge located at 37807 Southeast
Snoqualmie Falls Road in Snoqualmie, Washington were the setting for
the show's rustic Great Northern Lodge.
The real 270 foot Snoqualmie
Falls and 39 ton Big Log which stands in the center of Snoqualmie
appeared in the opening credits of each program.
See also - NICKNAMES: "The Log
Back to Top