Babylon 5 Cuisine - On the sci-fi
series BABYLON 5/SYN/1994-98 the alien races onboard the space
station Babylon 5 (Narn, Centauri, etc) partake of a various
native foods and beverages. The following is a select list:
- Breen - a meat dish akin to the Swedish Meatballs made on Earth.
- Brevari - a Centauri fine, light red alcoholic drink.
- G'Quon Eth Seeds - Seeds of the G'Quon Eth plant are used by the
Narn race for religious purposes. The Centauri drop the seeds in
alcoholic drinks to produce an "enjoyable" flavor.
- Hot jala - a thick milky-green beverage made from the sap of the
- Lukrol - a pungent meat dish simmered in a greasy broth.
- Mitlop - chewy dessert made from fresh tripe-marinated overnight
in pakoberry juice.
- Old Salted - a salty, liquored cake.
- Phroomis - dried and pickled skin (of an enemy or betrayer)
wrapped around a stick and covered with a sauce of blood-berries
and leeches. If no such skin is available, the recipe
substitutes beans and rice.
- Silsop cakes - dry, spicy bread.
- Tagro - a sweet alcoholic beverage.
- Tapote - rich tart.
- Taree - a Narn alcoholic drink.
Back to Top