TranZor Z - Fifty-nine feet tall robotic
vehicle designed by
inventor Dr. Wells on the sci-fi cartoon adventure TRANZOR Z/SYN/1985.
"From the minds of mortal men, the mightiest of machines ...TRANZOR
Z. With all the might, he fights for right. He's a protector
of peace so powerful, he can not be destroyed ...TRANZOR Z"
Piloted by Tommy Davis (who lands a hovercraft into the head of
the tobot), TranZor Z battled the sinister
Dr. Demon and his hordes of robot beasts as they attempt to take
dominion of the planet Earth.
The weapons of TranZor Z include:
- Missiles fired from its elbows and fingertips
- Powerful fists
- Shots Photon Beams from its eyes
- Powerful blasts of energy called the Breast Fire.
- Rocket pack called the Jet Scander that makes it fly.
Other characters on the series were:
- Dr. Davis, the new head of the Volcanic Research
- Tommy's grandfather, the former director of the VRI who was
- Jessica Davis, Dr. Davis' daughter who pilots the robots
- Toad, Tommy's little brother
- Bobo, who maintains TranZor Z with the help of Jim and Chris
- A team of three professors (one named Dr. Manning) who help
upgrade Tranzor and
Aphrodite. At Bobo's request, they built him
a robot called
- Dr. Demon, who wants to destroy Tanzor Z and take over the
Devleen, Dr. Demon's 1st Lieutenant henchman
(half man/half woman) who commands
the Iron Mask Warriors.
Count Decapito, Dr. Demon's General
who carries around his head.
- Ghengis, Dr. Demons evil rival, who eventually assumes
command when Dr. Demon dies. Note: He stars in the second
Tranzor Z series, Great Mazinger. The second and third
series (UFO Robo Grendizer) never aired in the
In the Japanese version ("Majingâ Zetto") Dr. Davis was
Professor Juzo Kabuto; his grandson was Kouji Kabuto, Dr. Demon
was Dr. Hell and Devleen was Baron Ashura.
At the finale of the first series, Tommy, Tranzor Z, Jessica,
Aphrodite-A, and the Bobobot destroyed Demon's island as well as
Dr. Demon and Decapito who were escaping in an aircraft.
Unfortunately, TranZor Z was destroyed and a new and improved
introduced as the Great Mazinger. The original TranZor Z was
constructed from Chogokin Z (Super-Alloy Z) that was forged from a
new element (Japonium) found on Mt. Fuji.
Based on a 1970s amine created by Go Nagai, the half-hour
Japanese animated series ("Majingâ Zetto") was produced by
3B Productions and Toei Animation under the title In
Japanese, the robot is called Mazinger ("God Devil") because like
any tool, it can be used for good or evil.
Back to Top