Spacecraft on the sci-fi series BUCK ROGERS IN
THE 25TH CENTURY/NBC/1979-81.
Propelled by plasma drive, the "Searcher" was a
huge spacecraft assigned to search the galaxy to
find the lost tribes of the human race who
spread among the stars after the great nuclear
holocaust of the 20th century.
Its crew members included:
- Admiral Asimov (Jay Garner), supposedly a
descendent of the sci-fi writer Isaac Asimov;
- Lt. Devlin (Paul Carr), the Admiral's assistant
- Colonel Wilma Deering (Erin Gray), a fighter pilot
- Captain William "Buck" Rogers (Gil Gerard), a
20th century Terran astronaut
Hawk (Thom Christopher), a part human, part bird
who sought survivors of his own race. He flew a
hawk-shaped fighter craft.
- Dr. Goodfellow (Wilfrid-Hyde White), an elderly
scientist who created an intelligent but rude
robot named Crichton
Twiki (Felix Silla), the dwarf robot companion of Buck Rogers.
The ship's exterior hull displayed the
words "Searcher...Per Arolia Ad Astra." When
traveling between the Searcher and another
Housed in the belly of the Searcher
starship were smaller, sleek fighter crafts used
for defense called
Back to Top