Cunningham Family Fears
- Richie Cunningham (Ron Howard), the editor of
the school newspaper decided to do an article on
"Why people are afraid of things." on the sitcom
During a discussion at the kitchen table, each
member of the Cunningham family spoke of their
- Richie was afraid of flowers (well, just
smelling flowers) every since that "bumble bee
- Marion (Marion Ross), his mother feared taking a shower
every since the movie Psycho.
- Joanie (Erin Moran), his sister was afraid of the Boogie
- Howard (Tom Bosley), Richie's father didn't like worms
because they were squishy, (this didn't keep
him from enjoying squishy jelly donuts.)
Later, talking to his pals, Richie discovered
his friend Ralph Malph (Donny Most) had some 50 fears, giving
him Phobo Phobia (fear of everything.).
To cure his fears of a suspected tornado strike
at 6.22 PM that evening, a local scientist
hypnotized Ralph to be "brave courageous and
bold." See also "The
Fonz & Liver"
Back to Top