|Hotel de Paree
|1959 - 1960
This western series followed the guests and
employees of the Hotel de Paree, an elegant European style
hotel located in the 1870s town of Georgetown,
The Hotel was operated by two attractive
Annette Devereaux (Jeanette Nolan) and her niece,
Monique (Judi Meredith) who was the most
romantically active of the two women. She
managed to get two wonderful (but failed)
proposals of marriage. The first from a man she
met in France who turned out to be an
ex-convict; and the second from Booth (Edward
Kemmer), a handsome Marine Lieutenant.
The security force at the Hotel de Paree was the Sundance
Kid (Earl Holliman), a legendary gunslinger turned law enforcer.
When he killed a bad guy who was causing trouble in town, he was
offered the job of marshal and a partnership in the Hotel de Paree.
Ironically, Sundance was sent to prison for 17 years for
accidentally killing one of the Devereaux's relatives. But
when he arrived in town, they needed help with the hotel and he
needed a place to hang his hat, so they joined forces in a strange
bedfellows kind of way.
And although business partners, Sundance didn't fail to notice
the beauty of his two charming female companions and often found
time for flirtation. Monique was Sundance's romantic interest.
Born in Tombstone, Arizona, Sundance likes to whittle and has a
dog that he calls Useless.
To maximize his advantage in a gunfight, Sundance wore a black
Stetson hat adorned with small mirrors that reflected sunlight into
his opponents eyes during a shootout. Sundance's choice of weapon is
a Colt. 45 which he used only when necessary.
Other folks in town included:
- Strother Martin as Aaron Donager, the
storekeeper who is sweet on Miss
Annette, with whom he plays chess.
- Jacques Aubuchon as Harry Holcombe, an old
prospector that Sundance hires to be the night
clerk at the hotel..
- Jerome Cowan as Colonel Partington, a hero
of the Indians War who runs for political
office in Georgetown.
- Karl Swenson as Jed Holmes, an elderly
- Patricia Breslin as Ellie, an alcoholic
who gets a job as a waitress at the hotel with
the help of Sundance.
- James Barton as Cully Jackson, an old
prospector who has high hopes of striking it
rich one day.
When Sundance was not hanging out at the Hotel, he found time for
his own adventures which included:
- A man beaten by a gang promises to share
his ore strike with Sundance, if he will help
mine the ore.
- Sundance's friend Aaron testifies in a
murder trial and later receives a hanging
threat from friends of the murderer.
- Sundance's town is inundated with a sudden
- Sundance keeps a promise he made to a
dying-convict, namely, find the man who framed
his friend for murder.
- The money from Sundance's boxing match
- Sundance must handle a gunman who
beat/robbed a miner.
- Sundance searches for a trapper lost in a
- Gunmen menaces a town marshal and
- A Denver women arrives in town and reminds
Sundance of a little matter concerning his
promise to marry her
- A bandit helps Sundance who got bit by a
- Sundance battles a crazed killer who
terrorizes the town..
- Sundance helps an old friend pursued by a
- Sundance wins a piece of land in a poker
game that turns out to be as useless as his
TRIVIA NOTE: Earl Holliman is most
remembered as a police officer on the NBC cop
drama POLICE WOMAN. He played Lt. Bill Crowley
of the LAPD who coordinated the operations of a
Obituaries: Jeanette Nolan: 06/05/1998; Strother
Back to Top