|1959 - 1961
Darren McGavin starred as Captain Grey
Holden, the owner and operator the Enterprise, a
100-foot stern-wheeler steamboat that carried
passengers and freight up an down the
Mississippi, Missouri and Ohio Rivers of the 1840s. Holden won the
boat in a poker game.
Others onboard for the ride down the river
- Burt Reynolds as Ben Frazer,
an orphaned river rat who grew up on the River
to become boat pilot for the Enterprise.
- Noah Berry, Jr. as Bill Blake, who
became a forty-nine percent partner with
Captain Holden. Ben left when Bill came aboard
- Dick Wessel as Carney Kohler, a
- Jack Lambert as Joshua Walcek, the
- William D. Gordon as Travis, a drew
- Michael McGreevey as Jimmy 'Chip'
Kessler, a cabin boy.
- John Mitchum as Pickalong, the
ballad singing cook.
- Bart Patton as Terry Blake, the
boat pilot who replaced Ben.
Captain Holden and
Pilot Ben Frazer
Listen to Theme
Burt Reynolds got his first continuing TV role on the series as
"The Riverboat Theme" was composed by Elmer
Obituaries: Darren McGavin: 02/25/2006; Noah Beery,
Jr.: 11/01/1994; Dick Wessel: 04/20/1965; Jack
Lambert: 02/18/2002; William D. Gordon: 08/12/1991;
John Mitchum: 11/29/2001.
Back to Top