Douglas Kennedy starred as frontier Marshal Steve Donovan
maintained law and order in Wyoming Territory of
the 1870s with the assistance of his deputy,
Rusty Lee (Eddy Waller).
“Lashing out of the pages of American history
come the exciting tales of the early western
frontier. A primitive land torn by primitive
conflicts and boiling with the feuds and lawless
strife of frontier days. Here, on the rugged
edge of civilization, some of the most desperate
outlaws the world has ever known swarmed like a
black plague, looting and robbing. But here too,
determined to bring peace and justice to this
turbulent region of six guns and sudden death,
was another breed of men. The courageous
officers appointed to wear the proudest badge of
all, the badge of the western marshal.” --
The exploits of Marshal Donovan included:
- Thwarts a plan to prevent woman from
- Confronts a deputy who let a
- Seeks a serum for an epidemic ridden
- Unmasks an outlaw posing as a
- Avoids outlaws who want to set a
- Tries to get an editor to reveal the
name of a killer.
- Investigates a series of mail
- Tracks an elderly female
- Encounters a killer in a ghost town.
- Investigates a series of stagecoach
- Rescues a mayoral candidate's
- Tracks an outlaw who is a master of
- Uncovers a plot to overthrow the
- A woman and Steve are held hostage by
- Searches for outlaws in a mysterious
- Encounters a sheriff who refuses to
- Sets a trap for The Comanche Kid.
- A murderous outlaw is
handcuffed to Steve.
- Encounters a doctor-turned-outlaw.
- Establishes a marshal's office in a
- Protects a young thief from fellow
outlaws and Indians.
- Rusty goes undercover to
catch a gang.
- Cracks a gang of counterfeiters set
up in a store.
- Protects two prisoners from a lynch
- Rusty uses ventriloquism
to trap a killer.
- Thwarts an army officer from
starting an Indian war.
- Tracks an escaped prisoner on a
trail of vengeance.
- Encounters a youth turned gunman to
protect his family.
- Protects a widow from losing her
- Young marshal refuses to help Steve catch a gang.
- Intervenes to get a bank to give a
loan to local Indians.
- Thwarts a speculator who hopes to
start an Indian War.
- Battles a woman who terrorizes a
- Asks for help to track thieves
across the border.
- Helps a doctor save a patient
despite the town's wishes.
- Helps a youth falsely accused of
- Poses as an outlaw to catch a gang
of bad guys.
TRIVIA NOTE: The series was
STEVE DONOVAN, WESTERN RANGER.
Obituaries: Douglas Kennedy: 08/10/1973; Eddy
Back to Top