Upton/Webber Corporate Philosophy - Business
sentiments interspersed throughout the situation comedy WORKING/NBC/1997-99.
During each episode, the viewing audience was
treated to pseudo-commercial spots (before the real commercial
breaks) advertising the many projects and business concerns of the
multi-national conglomerate of 1,000,000 employees called
"Peddling Influence since 1892" this
money-hungry corporation conveyed such corporate messages as:
- "From cradle to grave, we're with you."
- "Space: we don't own it yet, but we will."
- "Upton/Webber©: Cloning a better tomorrow"
- "Upton/Webber©: Making the products that make you buy more
of our products, since 1892.
Members of the Upton/Webber Corporation included:
- Fred Savage as Matt Payser, a naive college graduate
- Maurice Godin as Tim Deale, Matt's ditzy boss
- Steve Hytner as John Delaney. the sarcastic loner
- Arden Myrin as Abby Cosgrove, a perky social organizer
- Yvette Freeman as Evelyn Smalley, a no-nonsense manager
- Debi Mazar as Liz Tricolli, a ruthless executive
- Sarah Knowlton as Hal Blum, a Yale-educated secretary
- Rebecca McFarland as Val Gibson, Hal's replacement
- Dana Gould as Jimmy Clarke
- Kate Hodge as Chris Grant
Back to Top