Check Your English Vocabulary for IELTS: Essential words and phrases to help you maximize your IELTS score
This bestselling workbook provides a resource for students studying towards the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) exam. It has been written for students at intermediate level and above and is particularly appropriate for anyone who plans to study or train at an English-speaking college or university.
Fully updated for this fourth edition, the book provides exercises to help teach and build general and topic-specific vocabulary related to the IELTS test and also covers grammar, use of English, comprehension, and spelling.
Suitable for both self-study and the classroom, it includes a range of activities to help students build and improve their English vocabulary and language skills.
– Tests and improves vocabulary using a variety of useful, interesting and enjoyable exercises
– Easy-to-use format with clear instructions
– Comprehensive answer key with additional information
– Includes IELTS-style Speaking and Writing tasks with sample answers to allow for productive practice of target language
This workbook has been written for students who are planning to sit either the Academic or General Training modules of the IELTS examination. It covers some of the main vocabulary areas that you will need for, or come across it, the Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking sections of the exam.
Structure of the Book
Each vocabulary area is presented in the form of a self-contained module with task-based activities which present each vocabulary item in context.
• Pages 1 – 5 7 focus on general! vocabulary items. Some of these are relevant to specific tasks or questions in the IELTS examination (for example, describing how something works, talking about changes shown in a graph or table, saying where things are and following directions).
• Pages 5 8 -1 0 4 focus on topic-specific vocabulary areas which may be required in the examination (for example, education, architecture, family matters and science and technology).
Each module consists of three tasks: the first two present vocabulary items in context, each with a practice or recognition exercise, and the third gives you the opportunity to review the vocabulary in a gap-fill exercise.
• Pages 1 0 5 -1 2 4 contain a comprehensive key so you can check your answers. The answer key also gives additional information about specific vocabulary items or general vocabulary areas, as well as other useful words or phrases.
Using the workbook
You should not work through the book mechanically from beginning to end. It is better to choose areas that you are unfamiliar with, or areas that you feel are of specific interest or importance to yourself.
Recording, reviewing and extending your vocabulary.
Remember that you should keep a record of new words, phrases, and expressions that you acquire, and review these on a regular basis so that they become part of your active vocabulary. Also, remember that there are other ways of acquiring new vocabulary. For example, you should read as much as possible from a variety of authentic reading materials (books, newspapers, magazines, web-based articles, etc.).
Now you can Download Check Your English Vocabulary for IELTS: Essential words and phrases to help you maximize your IELTS score below link here:
Download PDF Book. Support author on Amazon