You might know about the business tycoon Roger McNamee. But have you ever come across a versatile vocalist who stirs the hearts and minds of many with his rocking tracks? He can be best described as a techie tycoon by day and a rocker guy by night. He’s an unparalleled businessman, a winning private equity investor and a rocking musician. Read this article further to get an insight into his early life, family, career and finally, his net worth.
About Roger McNamee
The ‘business rocker’ was born on May 2, 1956, in Albany city of New York. McNamee is a businessman, a capital investor and a musician. Moreover, he is one of the founding fathers of various business enterprises. Coming to his physique, McNamee measures 1.57 metres and weighs 63 kilograms. Owing to his multiple interests, he has been once befittingly described as a ‘rockstar of the tech’.
Early Life and Family
Daniel McNamee and Barbara McNamee are the fortunate parents of Roger McNamee. His father was a famous investment banker. His mother, Barbara, was a prominent feminist who supported the second wave feminist movement of the ’60s.
McNamee has Yale University’s bachelors’ in History and obtained his Masters in Business Administration from Tuck School of Business, Dartmouth College. He married Ann McNamee, a musical theorist, renowned vocalist and songwriter, in 1983.
Career and Major Milestones
- After earning his MBA in 1982, he became an analyst in T. Rowe Price.
- In 1989, he led the Science and Technology Fund of the T. Rowe Price.
- Venture investment was made by him in Sybase and Electronic Arts.
- In 1991, he became the co-founder of Integral Capital Partners and Kleiner Perkins.
- He joined the Flying Other Brothers band in 1997 and performed as a vocalist in the band till 2006.
- He became the founding member of Silver Lake Partners in 1991.
- He became the co-founder of Elevation Partners in 2004, and now, he is the MD of Elevation Partners.
- He is a member of the Wikipedia Foundation’s Advisory Board.
- He also performs in Moonalice, a rock band.
- In 2019, he published a book titled “Zuked: Waking Up To The Facebook Catastrophe”.
A Few Things You Didn’t Know About Roger McNamee
Now that you got a fundamental insight into the life and career of McNamee, there are a few things that you never knew about him.
- Roger McNamee has no biological/legal children.
- When he was just twelve years old, he protested against the US interference in the second IndoChina war.
- He volunteered for the presidential campaign of Eugene Mccarthy.
- He once arranged donations worth $1 billion to support the Wikimedia Foundation, a non-profit charitable organization headquartered in San Francisco.
- He and his wife founded the Tembo Preserve, an elephant sanctuary in Tehama County, California.
Net Worth of Roger McNamee
Now, coming to the most interesting part that you were eagerly waiting for, the net worth of Roger McNamee from all sources is about $1,000,000,000. The primary source of his income is his business profits and capital investments.